I’ve really enjoyed crafting with this stamp set since it first appeared in our Stampin’ Up! Catalogue a couple of years ago now. I’m really going to. miss this one too! The set is just PERFECT for masking techniques and creating background behind her. If you’ve not tried this before you must not worry, it’s really rather simple! I have a video on YouTube which you can watch where I first introduce this technique and stamp set to you. While you’re there I’d LOVE for you to subscribe to my channel.
FIVE SIMPLE STEPS IN CREATING THE BACKGROUND BEHIND THE LADY
- Stamp your chosen lady in Memento Black ink, or any black in. (I’ve used Memento because I coloured her dress with Blends)
- Stamp her again onto a sticky note. Making sure you cover the majority of the tacky part of the note. Cut out.
- Add the note on top of your black image.
- Stamp over the top, or in my case use the Sponge Brayers to create a beach and sky scene. Remove the sticky note.
- Colour your lady with watercolour pencils or Blends.
For her skin tone I’ve used the Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend, and the Purple Posy Combo of Blends for the dress and hat. For a little shading and wet sand look, I’ve added a strip of blue tone where the sky meets the sand with Light Seaside Spray Blend.
PAST CARDS MADE WITH BEAUTIFUL YOU STAMP SET
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour. Isn’t that so cool?
STAMPIN’ UP! SUPPLIES
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Don’t forget to use May’s Host Code.
Receive a free gift when you use this code.
Valid on orders of £25+ (before p&p).
Thank you for shopping with me!
Order during May and you’ll receive my ‘Free as a Bird’ Tutorial Pack…
PDF Tutorial of 10 card making ideas. Use for inspiration, card layout ideas or to help you get crafting with your ‘Free as a Bird’ stamp set (if you’ve ordered it!).
This is emailed to you within 24 hours of shopping with me.
Other ordering options…
Prefer to order over the phone? I’m available to take orders over the phone on weekdays 9am – 5pm. (01524) 561059. Please leave a message if I’m not available and I will get back to you before 5pm that day or the following day.
Would you like a paper copy of the catalogue? I send paper copies of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogues out on Saturdays, to anyone who would like to browse more before ordering. You can request your catalogue(s) here.
Do you need product advice? I’ll be very happy to help, please direct your questions to me here.
Shopping from outside the UK? I can only deliver Stampin’ Up! products to the UK and to the following countries; Germany, France, Austria and The Netherlands. I am unable to deliver to any other country at this time.
Why not join my team of Demonstrators? We’re called the Strawberry Stampers. Let’s have a chat to see how it would work for you. Choose your £99 starter kit here.
There’s always lots going on, please be sure to . . .
- Last Chance List is out! See the products here.
- Digital Covid-19 stamp set out now. 100% of the cost goes to COVID-10 related charities. Read more.
- NEW Product Release – Ornate Garden Suite.
- My Stampin’ Up! UK Online Shop, has a brand new look!
- Take a look at what is on the clearance rack.
- Save 10% on Stampin’ Up!’s coordinating bundles!
- Get organised with your Stampin’ Up! supplies, download free stamp case inserts. New inserts every Friday!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Instagram.
- Subscribe to my email updates here.
- Like my page on Facebook to watch my Facebook Live Crafting moments.
- Subscribe and hit that bell to be notified of my latest YouTube paper crafting videos.