I’ve got the perfect card for those dog lovers out there. Isn’t this little Spaniel so cute, sitting inside a stocking, his little paws over the edge!! I’ve dressed him up in a little Santa hat too.
This little doggy is from the Sweet Little Stockings Bundle, and he also has a couple of animal friends, a cat and a little furry friend which could pass as either a gerbil, hamster or even a guinea pig!
The colours on my card today are your traditional Christmas colours, the classic red and green. If you’re looking for cardstock and ink for this years Christmas card efforts look no further than Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive!
STEPS TO MAKE THIS CARD
- Using an A4 Old Olive cardstock sheet for the card base, cut in half and score. (You will create two).
- Stamp the small cluster of stars in Old Olive ink, onto the Old Olive card front.
- Cut the pattern paper at 5 x 12.8cm and adhere to card front, over to the left.
- Stamp the large stocking, the dog and the Santa hat in Tuxedo Memento Black, onto Basic White cardstock.
- Use the coordinating dies to die cut these out.
- Colour with Stampin’ Blends, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede.
- Die cut the large sticked banner from Basic White cardsotck, make 2.
- Stamp the ‘Very Merry’ greeting in Old Olive ink, onto one of the banners. Cut the shape down, see photo.
- Now you can start assembling. Use Stampin’ Seal for the stitched shapes. Use Dimensionals for the stocking, dog and hat.
- Lastly, finish with the Decorative Matte Dots.
I’ll be playing with this stamp set and die bundle a little bit more this week. I’m keen to make more Christmas cards, with more of the animals, but also I want to show you stockings without the little animals too. I also have some of the Jolly Felt sheets so I can make some stockings with a little texture.
Another option you have for these dies is to die cut the stockings directly from the pattern paper. Eeek, this is all very exciting, I’m off to play!
You can find the whole suite of products in the Mini Catalogue for August – December 2021, on pages 30-31.
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE CARDS
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Host Code for September 2021 – GZXNDQ77
When shopping online, you’ll receive a free product gift when you use the code above.
Your gift will arrive separately from your main order, sent after the month has ended.
One gift per customer, per month. Valid on orders of £25+ (before p&p). Learn more.
Thank you for shopping with me!