Hello! I’ve been playing with the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set. You’ll know by now I can’t resist a little colouring in, I’ve always enjoyed it. Colouring with Stampin’ Blends makes it so easy, a touch of the light pen, a touch of the dark pen, and hey presto the colours blend together instantly.
STAMPIN’ BLENDS TOP 5 TIPS
- Your choice of ink pad is important, not all black ink pads are the same. Stamp your image with Memento Tuxedo Black. The ink will not react with the alcohol in the Stampin’ Blends.
- Don’t worry about the Blends coming through to the back of the card, that is perfectly normal.
- I recommend colouring in an image that is going to be layered onto the card front. Do not use the Stampin’ Blends directly onto the card base, or you’ll see the bleed through inside the card.
- A light touch is needed. Don’t be hard with your pens, use them as lightly as you’d use a paint brush. This will prolong the life of your tips.
- The Stampin’ Blends need to be stored flat. If you’re building up your collection, why not have a look at the storage especially for the Stampin’ Blends?
Here’s a close up of my colouring with Stampin’ Blends. I used Crumb Cake for the main body, Calypso Coral for the head and Daffodil Delight for the feet. The balloon was coloured with Poppy Parade, and so was meant to be red, but I added some Shimmery Crystal Effects to give a crystal and glittered effect to the balloon. This has made the balloon look more orange here, but that’s okay I quite like it!
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE CARDS
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Host Code for September 2021 – GZXNDQ77
When shopping online, you’ll receive a free product gift when you use the code above.
Your gift will arrive separately from your main order, sent after the month has ended.
One gift per customer, per month. Valid on orders of £25+ (before p&p). Learn more.
Thank you for shopping with me!