I’ve made a different style of card today, it’s called a ‘Dutch Door’ card. At first glance, it looks like a normal flat front. When you open the card you can see that the front top edges aren’t there. See the image below.
I’ve added an extra white layer inside the card to hide to front blue layer.
HOW TO MAKE A DUTCH DOOR CARD
- Start with a Balmy Blue A5 piece of card stock. Score this in half at 10.5 cm. Your starting card will measure 10.5 x 14.8 cm (folded)
- Put the Balmy Blue card into your trimmer and cut along the score line, cut down a total of 7.5 cm.
- Turn the Balmy Blue card in the trimmer and cut the top piece off. You will now have a half a front and a full back piece.
- Keep the Balmy Blue panel and glue into the front of the card.
- From Basic White cardstock, cut 3 x (7 cm x 10 cm)
- From Basic White cardstock, cut 1 x (14.3 cm x 10 cm)
- Decorate the white panels and glue in place.
- Add clouds and kite stamp with foam pads.
HOW TO MAKE VIDEO
Let me show you how I made today’s project.
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO MAKE TODAYS CARD
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Reading in an email? Go to the blog post to view today’s products.
Host Code for February 2022 – PMVRCXBT
When shopping online, you’ll receive a free product gift when you use the code above.
Your product gift will arrive separately from your main order, sent after the month has ended.
One gift per customer, per month. Valid on orders of £45+ (before p&p). Learn more.
Thank you for shopping with me!