I’ve made a shaker card today with the dies from the new Sweet Conversations Bundle. This is a new bundle in the January – June 2022 Mini Catalogue. (If you need a copy of this you can request one here.)
When I saw all the little heart dies you get in the set I just knew those were perfect to add into a shaker card. I’ve die cut several, from the row of 6 hearts in Poppy Parade and Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
Then I trapped them inside the card with help from a piece of Window Sheet. (Which I ALMOST forget to put onto the card! Ha!)
HOW TO CREATE A SHAKER CARD
- Start with a Flirty Flamingo card base measuring 10.5 x 14.8cm when folded.
- Cut a piece of Basic White card that measure 9.5 x 13.8 cm. Do not stick this down yet.
- Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo to measure 10 x 14.3 cm. This is the piece is the layer we will be die cutting.
- WIth a pencil, ruler and help of the grid paper, draw a faint line down the centre of the Flirty Flamingo layer.
- Using the 3 hearts from the Sweet Conversations dies, line and space them out on the pencil line. Run this through the die cutting machine. Gently rub out the pencil lines.
- Stamp the three corresponding hearts in Flirty Flamingo ink onto this layer.
- TOP TIP – Stamp randomly and let your hearts go off the edge of the card.
- Next die cut lots of hearts using the row of 6 hearts die, in Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo and Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
- Cut a piece of Window Sheet to cover the hearts. Make sure it’s wider than the hearts. Using Seal adhere this to the back of the hearts layer.
- Using Foam Strips create a rectangle for the hearts to go, then add strips around the edge of the card.
- Peel the backing off the foam strips, then hover over with the Basic White layer you cut earlier. Push down firmly.
- Add Seal to the back of the Basic White card and flip it over and adhere to the card base.
- To finish decorate with the ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ stamp and the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Stamp in Poppy Parade ink onto a strip of Basic White that is 1.25cm (1/2 inch) wide by 10 cm.
- Decorate with Classic Matte Dots.
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO MAKE TODAYS CARD
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Host Code for February 2022 – PMVRCXBT
When shopping online, you’ll receive a free product gift when you use the code above.
Your product gift will arrive separately from your main order, sent after the month has ended.
One gift per customer, per month. Valid on orders of £45+ (before p&p). Learn more.
Thank you for shopping with me!