The new On the Horizon stamp set from January – June 2022 Mini Catalogue includes some lovely details. There’s a row of trees, which I’ve stamped twice on my card, birds, grasses and wooden planks. (If you need a copy of this you can request one here.)
Those of you who’ve been following Stampin’ Up! for at least 7 to 8 years will remember the favourite stamp set of mine, called Wetlands. This was a much-loved stamp set and the grasses in this new set are so similar. It’s nice to see a stamp set back in our collection that we can create little mini-scenes with.
To create the scene today I just used the stamps, there’s also a set of dies so it’s you’re tempted by the stamp set, don’t discount the dies as there are some great images in that also. I’ve got a lot more ideas to show you with this bundle over the next week or so.
HOW TO CREATE A SCENE
- Start Basic White cardstock. My cardstock layer measures 7.5 x 13.3 cm.
- With a Blending Brush add Balmy Blue ink at the top, brushing in little circles.
- Next use another Blending Brush and colour with a mixture of Soft Succulent ink first, then add in Old Olive. I like how I created different patches of colour, which looks quite natural, like green hills
- Where the blue meets the green, stamp the trees in Soft Succulent ink.
- Stamp the birds in Balmy Blue ink twice, but allow the stamps to go off the cardstock layer. I stamped off onto my grid paper first so I had a lighter shade.
- Stamp the grasses in Soft Succulent at the bottom.
- On a strip of Basic White cardstock, stamp the Thinking of you stamp with Memento Black.
- Adhere the scene onto the card front, which is a 10.5 x 14.8 card but trimmed down to 8.8 x 14.8 cm so it’s not so wide.
- Add the Thinking of you strip across the middle just under the tree line. Trim the ends with paper snips.
- Finish with a wrap of Evening Evergreen Windowpane Check ribbon and a bow.
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO MAKE TODAYS CARD
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Host Code for February 2022 – PMVRCXBT
When shopping online, you’ll receive a free product gift when you use the code above.
Your product gift will arrive separately from your main order, sent after the month has ended.
One gift per customer, per month. Valid on orders of £45+ (before p&p). Learn more.
Thank you for shopping with me!