Today I’ve been playing around making windows to layer my Daffodil die cuts into. To create a window, I placed two of the Stitched Rectangle Dies down at once. The larger rectangle, with the smaller rectangle die inside it.
The combinations and possibilities are endless with these dies. You could create multiple windows within one larger rectangle if you wanted to. I chose this size window to compliment the C6 card size (14.8 x 10.5cm folded), then the smaller rectangle as it was ever so slightly smaller than the Daffodil stamp.
I really love the little stitched line detail that these dies create. Can you see the die in the photo? There are two lines of stitched per die, either side of the cut line, giving you even more creative options.
The new Daffodil Daydream Bundle from January – June 2022 Mini Catalogue includes the stamp set with a singular daffodil and then a bunch of daffodils. There are coordinating dies that cut out both of these images. There are also several more dies which when used together you can create beautiful paper daffodils. More on that coming up later this week!
HOW TO COLOUR THE DAFFODIL
- Stamp the daffodil in Tuxedo Memento Black ink.
- With the Old Olive Light, colour all over the leaves.
- Working with the Dark Olive, go back in and highlight the darker areas.
- Go back in with the Light pen and blend it together.
- Repeat this process with the Daffodil Delight pens. Light all over, Dark areas to highlight, then Light again to blend.
- This time I allowed the colouring to dry, then I went back into the centre of the Daffodil to add more dark to make the trumpet and folds in the petals stand out.
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO MAKE TODAYS CARD
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Host Code for February 2022 – PMVRCXBT
When shopping online, you’ll receive a free product gift when you use the code above.
Your product gift will arrive separately from your main order, sent after the month has ended.
One gift per customer, per month. Valid on orders of £45+ (before p&p). Learn more.
Thank you for shopping with me!