A Triple Layer Card is a lovely project to do to get you back into stamping if you’ve lost your mojo. It’s also great if you’re just starting to make cards. You need minimal supplies, a couple of ink pad colours, a stamp set, cardstock, a trimmer and glue!
For today’s card, I’ve kept it simple and just used different sided squares. Instead, you could cut the layers into rectangles, perhaps even offset them? You could go crazy and add in some different shaped die cuts. There are endless combinations, if you just think outside of the box you can create different styles and shapes.
The key to a Triple Layer card is that each layer must have an even border to cover up the area which didn’t stamp. I hope you’ll grab your supplies and get making a Triple Layer Card with me today. Here’s how I made it.
HOW TO MAKE A TRIPLE LAYER CARD
- My card base is 4.5 x 9 inches, scored in half at 4.5 inches to create a square 4.5″ card.
- Next we will cut the white layers.
- I start with the largest white layer which is 4.25″ square.
- The medium white layer is 3.25″ square.
- The smallest white layer is 2.25″ square.
- Next we will cut the coloured cardstock layers.
- Just two layers this time, 3.5″ and 2.5″ square.
- THIS IS TEMPORARY! – With a tiny amount of double sided tape, add it to the centre and layer the three pieces together. This holds the three layers together while we stamp. Don’t try it without the glue in the middle, as your layers will move. Don’t try it with wet glue either.
- Next choose your ink colours and stamps.
- Stamp the greeting in the centre section first. Then you can stamp around that and avoid it.
- Next stamp randomly or in a pattern like I have, onto the three white layers. You will find a small area around the white edges does not stamp. That is ok!
- Next pull the three layers apart.
- Take your glue and glue the white layers onto the cardstock layers/base card.
- Carry on layering up until you have a complete card.
- TOP TIP – Don’t rotate your layers otherwise your stamped layers won’t line up!!
- Add a gems to finish.
The new Daffodil Daydream Bundle from January – June 2022 Mini Catalogue includes the stamp set with a singular daffodil and then a bunch of daffodils. There are coordinating dies that cut out both of these images. There are also several more dies which when used together you can create beautiful paper daffodils. More on that coming up later this week!
You can click on the colour names below, and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up! shop. It will show you all the products available in that in colour.
SUPPLIES YOU NEED TO MAKE TODAYS CARD
Below are all the Stampin’ Up! products I used today. They can be purchased directly from me, in my Stampin’ Up! Online Shop in the UK. Simply click the pictures below and it will take you straight to the full details about each product.
Host Code for February 2022 – PMVRCXBT
When shopping online, you’ll receive a free product gift when you use the code above.
Your product gift will arrive separately from your main order, sent after the month has ended.
One gift per customer, per month. Valid on orders of £45+ (before p&p). Learn more.
Thank you for shopping with me!