A Little Kitty Birthday Card by Sarah Berry
Thanks for being a newsletter subscriber! I hope you enjoy this free card tutorial.
- Calypso Coral card stock – 14.8cm x 21cm or 5-6/8″ x 8-3/8″
- A Little Foxy pattern paper: 14.3cm x 10cm or 3-7/8″ x 5-5/8″. (Take care on aligning your pattern so it is centred)
- Scrap of Sahara Sand big enough for the punch.
- Scrap of Whisper White Thick Card, Pool Party card and Pink Pirouette.
- Score Calypso Coral at 10.5cm and fold to form the card base.
- Glue the Little Foxy pattern paper to the front.
- Using a scrap of Thick Whisper White, cut the 6cm x 8.3cm or 2-3/8″ x 3-2/8″ plain oval out using BigShot or other die cutting machine.
- Cut the layering Scallop Oval die out from Pool Party card stock.
- Stamp your sentiment in position. I’ve used Calypso Coral ink, and Happy Birthday from Thoughtful Banners.
- Glue your white oval to your pool party scalloped oval.
- Punch out your shapes from the Foxy Punch in Sahara Sand card stock.
- Repeat this with a small scrap of Pink Pirouette card stock. You’ll want two lots of the small triangles for the ears.
- Stamp the cat face and legs onto the cat’s body pieces in Soft Suede ink.
- Use a finger sponge dauber to add colour to the cat with Soft Suede ink.
- Add a tiny amount of glue and stick the ears down.
- Glue the tail in position. Next add the body and the head using foam pads.
- Using a 1/2″ circle punch and Pink Pirouette or Blushing Bride cardstock and ink, stamp the reindeer antlers onto the circle to create a wool ball look. Add a trail of wool with a matching Stampin’ Write Marker pen.
- Stamp the curved leaf stamp onto the pattern paper around the top and bottom of the oval. This will frame your piece. Just take care and check your oval position before stamping.
- Lastly, add your finished oval topper to the card with foam pads.
Thanks for clicking and enjoy the tutorial!